ix Simple Style Tips
FACT 85% of style is about the fit. If you nail the fit for you and your body type, you’re so far ahead of almost all other dudes because most men look like ‘sloppy sacks of unstylish sh!t’.
1. Stick to a neutral palate – black, white, gray, tan, and olive as they integrate great together.
2. Go classic first, trends second – make sure your foundation is solid before adding ‘crazy’ things. You’ll save money. because the trends are expensive and go out-of-style quickly. Alpha gives an example of white sneakers as well as a Chelsea boot. Both are from New Republic shoes – they are ‘insane’ and in terms of style, value, cost, and quality.
3. Join a monthly men’s box service – Menlo Club is Alpha’s recommendation. Fill out the survey and then monthly receive a curated box of two items. What sets it’s apart from other box services is that they own all the brands that they’re sending you such as New Republic, Grand AC, and Five Four Clothing. Over a course of time, you will have a wardrobe of stylish clothing. Your first box is half off + sunglasses + 25% off code to purchase from their store.
4. Identify + eliminate (bag & donate to charity) + replace (do this systematically one-at-at-time once a month) + repeat
5. When you go shopping, pay attention to the mannequins so you know how to combine and coordinate items from that store.
6. Experiment to develop a sense of style – push yourself outside of your comfort zone and try different things occasionally.